beautiful a beautiful mind dvd cover When finding the best yoga DVD we can agree that instructors, routine time, and difficulty levels are most important.
That was our top criteria for selecting the best yoga DVD.
If you are ready to start with your sun salutations, scored high marks in all the categories we researched and is our top pick.
10 mins to read
36 products considered
15 products reviewed
1 week of reviewing
Top 10 Yoga DVD’sRank Picture DVD Instructor
/ Director Levels 1
Michael Wohl Beginners, Essential 2
Julie Schoen Beginners 3
Michael Wohl Beginners, Essential 4
Alan Finger Beginners, Essential, Advance 5
Michael Wohl Beginners, Essential 6
Peggy Cappy Essential 7
Natasha Rizopoulos Beginners, Essential, Advance 8
Lilias Folan Beginners, Essential 9
Desirée Rumbaugh Beginners, Essential 10
Kristin McGee Beginners, Essential
1. Yoga for Beginners & Beyond
Best Overall Yoga DVD
5/5 Product RatingIf you are looking for a great DVD to help you break into the world of yoga, this is it. This 3 DVD set covers everything you will need to explore and experience yoga the right way.
You have 40 different routines to work through, each focusing on the different aspects of yoga. These mental and physical aspects include:
- Building your strength
- Improving your flexibility
- Reducing your stress
There are other benefits as well that following these DVDs will provide. This is a library of yoga that will give you a great foundation whether you are a beginner doing their first session or you’ve been doing it awhile and would like more structure.
Some of the many highlights that this 3 DVD set includes are:
- Instructions for changing the poses if necessary if you are not as flexible at first
- Routines that vary in length from 15-60 minutes covering a wide range of time allowances
- More than 40 routines that cover all types of needs and preferences
- Beautiful, stunning location used for filming
- Dalai Lama discussing meditation as a bonus
So what comes in this 3 DVD set? You will get
Yoga for Stress Relief – Shows the user how to deal with physical, emotional and mental stresses and stress related conditions using the ancient.
AM/PM Yoga for Beginners – Wake up your mind and your body in a balanced and gentle way with the AM routine and then at the end of your day, let go of the mental and physical challenges of the day so you can get a great.
Essential Yoga for Inflexible People – If you lack flexibility and strength and are just starting out, you are going to love this part of the DVD set. Increase your flexibility and build your strength as well as learning proper form. These are all taught to you in a slow-paced, flowing way. These routines are great for beginners and intermediates as well.
– Jonathan Maxwell
2. Yoga Sweat for Weight Loss with Julie Schoen
Best Yoga DVD to Break a Sweat
4.9/5 Product RatingThis incredible fat-busting yoga workout will help you lose weight and get a good sweat going all at the same time. Instructed by Julie Schoen, who is the found of Yoginiology, she will take users through their paces and gives them an excellent and effective workout.
Traditional yoga can be used to tone the body, lose weight, have more mental clarity and feel emotionally more refreshed as well.
Users will get two 30 minute yoga workouts along with a 10 minute warm up and 10 minute cool down. Some people choose to do the whole 80 minute workout together, but you can break it down into two sessions if that is preferable.
Included in the first session, your poses and moves will be focused on burning calories and increasing the heat internally which helps burn fat. This session burns fat very easily and you will find that you start losing weight during this session. The fun really work to tone and strengthen the legs and glutes too.
In session two the sweat and benefits continue with a sequence of yoga poses that really put users through their paces. Strengthen the arms back and core, flatten your midsection with the tummy toner exercises and work on your balance too.
With the Yoga Sweat DVD with Julie Schoen, you will see results amazingly fast, you’ll feel better and you will be motivated to continue working out. They offer users a 100% money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied for any reason.
It is a great workout for beginners as well as intermediate enthusiasts as well. No matter whom you are or what level you’re at, you’ll enjoy this challenging weight loss yoga workout.
– Jonathan Maxwell
3. Yoga for Weight Loss
Best Yoga DVD for Weight Loss
4.8/5 Product RatingYou will have over 35 different yoga routines in this terrific 3 DVD set. The Yoga for Weight Loss set is designed to help you lose weight, increase your energy and tone your body from head to toe.
It is perfect for both beginners and more advanced yoga enthusiasts. Not only will you transform your body with this 2 DVD set; you will transform your mind and spirit too.
Disc 1 –Flow Yoga – This disc is designed for strength and flexibility. It’s a total body program that has 8 targeted flow yoga routines for you to choose from.
They are engaging and challenging workouts that will change your legs, arms, hips and core. You will get 8 workouts that include:
- 10 minute warm up
- 20 minutes of General Flow
- 45 minutes of Core Strength
- 40 minutes of Legs
- 40 minutes of Arms
- 45 minutes of Hips
- 35 minutes of Back
- 18 minutes of Cool Down
Disc 2 – Yoga for Weight Loss and Beyond – In this interactive DVD you get 12 customized routines that are easy to follow and will range from 15 minutes to a full 60 minutes. You will find that these routines will leave you feeling energetic, de-stressed and invigorated. The results will include toning and stretching from head to toe and burning plenty of calories in the meantime.
Your 12 workouts include:
- Getting started
- As You Progress
- Yoga with Weights
This DVD work great for beginners as well as seasoned yoga enthusiasts. Enjoy feeling and looking younger and more fit than you ever have with routines that are targeted to your trouble spots.
Disc 3- Power Yoga for Every Body – This is an Editor’s Choice from the Yoga Journal and after you try it you will know exactly why. These routines, over 30 of them, will help you get into shape, de-stress, get stronger and flexible and increase your energy to boot. There is no other DVD that provides so much in the way of instruction while helping you understand the foundation behind this ancient healing art.
Each routine ranges anywhere from 20 minutes to 120 minutes and is perfect for all yoga students regardless of skill level. The renowned instructor, Barbara Benagh uses her well known Slow Flow method which incorporates moves that all flow from one to the other seamlessly and concentrates on alignment and breathing properly as well.
A small handful of routines included in the 30 offered in this DVD include:
- Sessions that are for AM and PM
- Increasing Flexibility
- Strength and Balance building practices
– Jonathan Maxwell
Yoga DVD Comparison
Yoga for Beginners & Beyond
Julie Schoen – Yoga Sweat
Yoga for Weight Loss
Yoga Zone Ultimate Collection
Yoga for Inflexible People
Yoga for the Rest of Us
Yoga Journal’s Beginning Yoga
Complete Yoga Fitness Beginners
Yoga to the Rescue Collection
MTV Fitness 3pk
DVDs 3 1 3 6 3 3 3 2 3 3 Routines 40 30 35 40 50 30 40 30 30 30 Routine Time
(minutes) 15 – 60 10 – 30 10 – 45 20 – 40 10 – 30 20 – 40 10 – 35 20 – 45 15 – 60 15 – 45 DVD Run Time
(minutes) 600 80 600 240 600 278 330 106 186 96 Format
NTSC Multiple Formats,
NTSC Multiple Formats,
Wide screen Multiple Formats,
/ Director Michael Wohl Julie Schoen Michael Wohl Alan Finger Michael Wohl Peggy Cappy Natasha Rizopoulos Lilias Folan Desirée Rumbaugh Kristin McGee Meditation Dalai Lama Julie Schoen Various Various Dalai Lama Peggy Cappy Natasha Rizopoulos Lilias Folan Desirée Rumbaugh Kristin McGee Levels Beginners,
Essential Beginners Beginners,
Yoga DVD Buying Guide
What is a Yoga DVD?
Over the last few years, yoga has grown to be one of the most popular ways to get in shape and in the world. Yoga classes are commonplace and if you’re looking for something to do at home, the yoga DVD market is huge with plenty of offerings available.
One of the most popular aspects of yoga is that it doesn’t require a lot of equipment. Of course you can purchase equipment if you choose to but to get started, all you really need is a yoga mat and clothing that doesn’t restrict your movements.
There tends to be times of the year that people start looking to get in shape. Those times are typically in the later spring, right before bathing suit season, before the holiday season in late October and At the New Year in the form of resolutions. Some people may not like the idea of doing yoga in a public class at the gym or studio, especially if they are just getting started. In these cases, yoga DVDs are the perfect choice.
Choosing the Right DVD
One of the biggest factors in choosing the right yoga DVD is your objective and the goals you have. In other words, why do you want to do yoga? If you’re looking for increased flexibility, you will want to look for DVDs that work on the flexibility aspect of yoga and that are designed to increase and improve your flexibility.
Looking to tone up and lose weight? There are yoga routines that focus on that as the goal as well. Whatever your goals and objectives are when it comes to yoga, there is a DVD that will help you achieve it. Remember that each person will have different tastes, preferences and goals so what one person likes, another may not.
What kinds of features are important when it comes to finding a good yoga DVD? There are several things you should look for that can be checked and/or verified before you make a purchase that could possibly just waste your money, especially if you don’t like it.
- Clear description on the cover as to what the contents are – No one wants to buy a DVD only to find out that what it sounded like it was it wasn’t. The best yoga DVDs will be very clear about what is on them. When you can see what is on them you will be able to ascertain whether they fit your needs, skill level and goals.
- Plenty of Choices of Routines – Variety is the key to not getting bored. Look for the yoga DVD that has several different routines for you to choose from. Even better if the routines are of different forms of yoga. When you do the same exact routine every time, not only mental boredom will occur but your body will become accustomed to the routine and the benefits will not be nearly as beneficial.
- Different Skill Levels Available – Not all DVDs will work for all skill levels, but one of the best features of a great yoga DVD is the ability to “grow” with the DVD set. Ideally, if it contains beginners’ routines and then progresses to intermediate and even potentially advanced levels you have purchased something that will last you for years.
Matching the Right Yoga to Your Personal Needs
Now that you know the features to look for in a yoga DVD, you may still need to know how to choose the one that will be the best for YOU personally. There are a few standard factors that you should take into consideration as you are shopping around.
- Don’t go above Your skill level – One of the biggest mistakes a beginner can make is to jump in with both feet and choose a yoga DVD that is too advanced for their skill level. If you choose a more advanced DVD you will only become frustrated and discouraged which will lead to you wanting to quit.
Some yoga poses can be extremely challenging and you will get there with determination and perseverance but don’t give yourself a challenge from the very beginning if you want to enjoy yoga to the fullest. There is no shame in choosing a beginner’s DVD when you ARE a beginner. You can always get other DVDs later as your skills increase or choose a set that has progressive discs that can “grow” with you.
- Access Your Goals and Objectives – There are many different benefits to yoga including stress relief,, toning, weight loss and others. You need to know what you own goals are when you are choosing your yoga DVD. With all of the DVD choices available, it is easy to find the right one that will provide the types of routines that focus on those goals and objectives.
- Match the DVD to Your Schedule – If you only have time for a 20 minute workout, don’t get a DVD that requires 60 minutes. There are plenty of yoga DVDs that accommodate all schedules and many of them have both short and longer workouts available in the same set so you can do the shorter ones when time is an issue and spend more time when you have it.
When it comes to yoga DVDs the array of choices alone can be overwhelming. The knowledge in this guide can provide you with the tools you need to choose a yoga DVD that will be perfect for you regardless of where you are starting from.
Yoga has many health benefits and it’s a workout that most who try it swear by for eliminating stress, increasing flexibility, losing weight and much more. Take your time looking at the DVDs that fit your needs and choose the one from those that looks appealing to you.
- Yoga for Beginners & Beyond –
- Yoga Sweat for Weight Loss with Julie Schoen –
- Yoga for Weight Loss Deluxe 3 DVD set –
Red wall bedroom 2018
Victorian wedding dresses 2018
Ancient japanese emperor clothing 2018
Cute fall outfits for college photo
Debeers diamond rings 2018
Pink homecoming dresses with straps 2018