Roasted Asparagus with Feta & Tomatoes
Barley Salad with Asparagus and Roasted Tomatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 1/2 cups each
Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 382 | Total Fat: 23 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 39 g | Fiber: 10 g | Sugar: 2 g | Protein: 8 g | Cholesterol: 3 mg | Sodium: 708 mg | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11 |
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 5 cups water
- 5 ounces asparagus
- 1/2 cup ready made pesto or make your own with our pesto recipe
- 1/8 cup green olives, halved
- 1/2 cup fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Over high heat, bring the water to a boil along with the barley in a pot. When it boils, put the flame down to medium and let the barley cook for about 20 minutes.
- While cooking the barley, grill the asparagus spears on an oven top griddle for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. When cooked, chop coarsely then set aside.
- When the barley is cooked, drain then rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and to cool it down.
- In a large bowl, mix the drained barley with all the remaining ingredients.
Video: Steve Azar's Chicken Thighs With Asparagus & Cherry Tomatoes Over Barley Risotto
What is the price of beer around the world
How to Make Halloween Traditions
How to Be a Professional Skateboarder
7 Things Moms Who Have Had C-Sections Want You to Know
How to Add Shimmer to Fondant
Brayden Studio Sweeten 7-Piece Dining Set BF144312
Winter Running Hats for Women
Education Trend: Green Charter Schools
Arthritis and Exercise: 7 Tips to Get You Going
Jo Malone London goes punk We talk to stylist and fashion icon Judy Blame about their killer new collab
The Strictly Come Dancing 2019 Line-Up