2 Moves That Seriously Lift Your Butt (KILLER BUTT WORKOUT!)
Get A Seriously Toned Butt With This One Powerhouse Move
A is a dynamite way to tone your butt if you do it properly. But the idea of swinging what's essentially a cannonball on a handle can be kind of intimidating if you're not a weight-lifting pro. Luckily, there is a simple equipment swap you can make to modify this powerhouse move.
Like a kettlebell, the weight of a SandBell (Buy now: , ) hangs several inches outside of your grip to effectively challenge your buns and core muscles as you swing. The mass of a regular dumbbell, on the other hand, stays fixed in your hands, so you won't challenge these muscle groups in the same way. Bonus: Swinging a bag of sand is safe and easy on your floors!
(Burn more belly fat and boost your energy with the customizable walking plans in Prevention's !)
But before you swing your SandBell, let's go over the fundamentals with body weight only:
Start your swing with a deadlift.
- Stand upright with your feet hips-width apart, and stack your hands close together between your thighs. Keeping core muscles tight, pull your hips far back, as if loading a slingshot.
- Pop your hips powerfully forward by squeezing your glutes tight. This propulsion at the hips should drive your arms out. If you're doing this right, you should feel the work in those glutes (not your arms).
MORE: If You're Over 40 And About To Start Weight Lifting For The First Time, Here Are 5 Things You Need To Know
Finish with a "standing plank."
- Perfect your floor plank form first by placing your hands underneath your shoulders on the floor and curling your toes to grip the ground behind you. Tighten your abs, clench your glutes, and gaze straight down for neutral neck alignment. Maintain a straight side line from shoulder to hip to knee to ankle. (Troubleshoot your form with these plank fixes.)
- To do a "standing plank," align your body in upright position with arms out so your muscles feel engaged in the same way they did in your floor plank—that's how they should feel at the top of your swing. If you're out of alignment and hyperextended at the top of your swing, you'll aggravate your lower back!
PREVENTION PREMIUM: Try This 8-Week Toning Transformation Plan To Firm Up, Lose Weight, And Feel Amazing
Here's how to do the perfect plank:
How to swing with your SandBell:
- Claw both hands around the perimeter of the SandBell at 12 o’clock. (Since a SandBell does not have a handle, your fingers have to claw into the fabric, improving the strength of your grip). Hike it between your legs right to the glutes for Step 1 of a deadlift, as learned with body weight (above). Keep your back flat to stabilize throughout the core.
- Clench your buns tight to drive your hips forcefully forward. Turn “on” your abs to stop the movement when your hips align with the knees and shoulders (standing plank). Let the SandBell reach a height where it feels momentarily weightless. You can open your fingers here if your grip needs a break, but as soon as gravity starts pulling the SandBell back down, re-grip and REPEAT!
- Perform four minutes of continuous swings, then rest for one minute. Repeat two times for an incredible butt-burning workout. (Follow it up with this crunch-less ab workout that sculpts your stomach in all the right places.)
Trainer tip: The grains of sand in your SandBell will shift as you move, creating fluctuating resistance. Your abs have to turn “on” to keep you stable as the weight rotates. In any rep, if the velocity that the SandBell swings out with is greater than your core’s strength to pull it in (or hit “standing plank”), simply release your fingers and let the bag drop to the floor so you don't strain your back.
Video: How to Make Your Butt Rounder in Just 2 Weeks
One thing that weve really seen come out of Paws and Play is how much the staff depend on Professor and Amos, said Stojanowski
How to Find Out Who Has Blocked You on Facebook
Tomorrowland Menswear: AW14 Collection
Passion Fruit Thyme Mocktail
Heavy Pot Use Tied to Social, Money Troubles in Mid-Life
How to Select the Most Effective Numbing Cream for a Tattoo
The Christmas home collection we’re all coveting
Oreo’s New Cookie Is Better Than A Deep Fried Oreo
How to Move to a Big City With Your Best Friend
The Effects of Long-Term Unemployment
A-Z Of The Best Black Friday 2019 Discounts Sales Online
Pantone 2015 Color of the Year: Marsala
Looking at Lymph Nodes
6 ways to burn more calories at the gym
Excessive Gas and the Foods You Eat