Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means, we may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase something from a link we post (including links to amazon.com because we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Don’t worry, it won’t cost you anything. This small percentage just helps us keep the power on and the Diet Coke stocked. We appreciate your support!
Have you tried Homemade Laundry Detergent? is an awesome DIY laundry detergent recipe from our guest poster. If you haven’t tried this, you probably should join the thousands that have discovered how wonderful it is. This homemade recipe is cheaper and BETTER than the store bought stuff. It’s basically the best stuff ever. I really REALLY wish this picture was “scratch and sniff”.
I wanted to a cute way to gift this detergent to friends and family so they could experience it too.
Our talented graphic designer, Heather from , created an adorable Laundry Soap gift giving printable. And of course, it’s available to our readers for FREE.
Etching Your Jars
I etched the jars to make them a bit more custom. All you need for this project is
1. Vinyl (use your silhouette or order precut vinyl off Etsy).
2. Etching Cream (you can find this at almost any craft store).
3. Glass Jars I purchased these little glass jars from Hobby Lobby, but any glass container would work. Even small mason jars (or big mason jars if you want to be really nice).
If you have never etched glass, it is surprisingly simple. All you do is take the negative part of the vinyl, not the part you would usually use, then place it directly on the glass you want to etch.
Then simply use a cloth and dab a little glass etching cream over the vinyl.
Wait about 20 minutes and then wash it off. I did multiple jars at once so I could have these Laundry Soap gifts on hand for friends birthdays.
Custom Homemade Laundry Detergent Container
I decided I definitely needed one too, but I needed mine large enough to hold all my homemade laundry detergent in my Laundry room! Using a large glass container, I used the same techniques to create a custom statement piece. Do I dare say my laundry room looks pretty with this added jar?!
Homemade Laundry Soap
I slightly adapted the to include. They are out-of-this-world amazing.
Blissful 55's Homemade Laundry Detergent
- 1 (4 lb 12 oz) Box of Borax- Found in the detergent aisle
- 1 (3 lb 7 oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda- Found in the detergent aisle
- 1 (3 lb) Container of OxyClean- Found in the detergent aisle
- 2 (14.1 oz) Bars of Zote Soap- Found in the detergent aisle (You can also use Fels Naptha)
- 1 (4 lb) Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda- Found in the cooking aisle (You could also get two 2 lb box, homemade christmas sweatshirts photos 2018 we couldn’t find the larger 4lb box when we went)
- 4 Bottles of Scentsy Washer Whiffs- found online or through a Scentsy Representative (you can also use 2 Bottles of Purex Crystals Fabric Enhancer- Found in the detergent aisle)
- Grate zote soap with cheese grater or food processor.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bucket.
- Use 2 -4 Tablespoons per laundry load.
I’m telling you, the makes this detergent the best smelling laundry detergent EVER. My favorite scent is, but they are all incredible. You can use 3-4 of the smaller bottles (shown in pictures below), but they recently came out with a more cost effective TUB, in which case, just use.
I like to grate my Zote soap with a zester to make it really really fine. You can also use a cheese grater, a food processor, or melt it in the microwave and crumble it.
This recipe is definitely easiest to mix in a big ole 5-gallon bucket.
taught us to layer each ingredient and then mix together.
You’ll have laundry detergent for MONTHS. Plus some to share with your friends.
It really is the best, and least expensive detergent option out there. Hop on over to the who have tried this recipe. They have several they’ve learned along the way.
I promise this gift will make someone’s day. It’s unique, it’s useful, and it smells amazing.
DIY Laundry Detergent Printable
You’ll need your LAUNDRY SOAP GIFT GIVING printable for all the gifts you are about to create. created them exclusively for HowDoesShe readers for FREE. This Homemade Laundry Detergent is awesome.
With a recipe as fabulous as this, I know you must be dying to know what else has up their sleeve. Maybe, if we are lucky, we can talk them into doing another guest post for us soon. Until then, head on over to and take a peek around.
Make sure to remember for all your party printable needs. Her designs are over the top adorable and she has to choose from. She is one incredibly talented designer and we are lucky to have her on our team. Extra special thanks to her for designing this free for HowDoesShe readers.
Since we’re on the subject of laundry, here are to make the whole process easier!
And for even MORE laundry help – check out this great way to not an ASYLUM 🙂 While you’re at it, you may want to check out our !
Shelley is one of the three founding editors of How Does She. She’s a spunky wife & mother of five, an interior design guru, and a party throwing queen. She loves cooking for crowds, eating good food, and dressing up like a girly girl.
Stella mccartney resort 2018 collection
Vampire makeup for kids 2018
Hoss intropia spring / summer 2018 collection
Big wedding dresses with diamonds 2018
Womens tunic dress 2018
Chanel cruise 2018 bags