How To Rail Turns | Mountain Bike Skills
How to Rail a Corner on a Mountain Bike
Scope out the corner to get a feel for how fast you can go.Does it have a berm? Does it get sharper further in the corner? Is it a switchback? How grippy is the dirt? Are their any obstacles immediately after the corner?
Slow down to speed before the corner.You should never use your brakes in the corner, your bike will either stand up or wash out, so make sure that you have slowed down to a comfortable speed prior to beginning the turn.
Commit.The key to railing corners on a mountain bike is commitment - if you think you might not make the corner, you probably won't.
Get into the correct turning position.Crouch down, put your weight onto your outside pedal, hold the bars loosely, and lean the bike more than your body. Look past the exit of the corner.
After passing the apex of the corner, transition back into a straight line riding position and look down the trail for upcoming obstacles.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Consistently railing a corner takes practice, find a local trail with lots of turns, and ride it often increasing your speed a little with each round.
- Learn to "cutty" berms (lift rear wheel up and move it around without braking) . In loose situations where you could have run over a berm, cut ties will shred just a bit of speed to gain traction and turn you through the berm.
- Wear safety gear. A helmet is absolutely necessary. Gloves and pads protect you in case of a fall. Wear appropriate sunglasses or goggles.
- Make sure your bike is fully functional. Nothing sucks more than getting injured as a result of simple equipment failure.
- The less air in your tires, the more grip. Try going 10% psi higher than the minimum recommended pressure for a mix of efficiency and grip.
Video: How to rail a corner on a dirt bike
Religion and Child Custody
Holistic approach to fitness
How a Photographer Captured This ET-like Photo of Her Son in Utah
Mila Is The Best Representative For The Young Generations
How to Know the Difference Between Bacteria and Viruses
Fun, Fancy and Simple Natural Hair Mohawk Hairstyles
Harry Potter fans are mad because of this Professor McGonagall error in Fantastic Beasts
3 Easy Recipes Using Pulses That You Wont Have Tried Before
Summer tan removal scrubs for hands
CNN founder Ted Turner reveals hes battling dementia
Date: 12.12.2018, 19:10 / Views: 41543