How to Create Suspended String-Work Snowflake Cookie
Sugar Cookie Trees, Doves, and Snowflakes
stick unsalted butter
1/4 c. packed light-brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. Lemon Extract
Decorating Icing (see below)
You also need: 4-inch tree, snowflake, and flying-dove cookie cutters; small ziptop bags; green, blue, and yellow paste food colors; candy flower and star decors; and fine white decorating sugar
1/4 c. Just Whites (see Note)
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with mixer on low speed until fluffy. Beat in egg, extracts and salt. Beat in flour just until blended.
- Divide dough in thirds. Shape each third into a 1-in.-thick disk; wrap separately. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On floured surface, roll out 1 disk at a time to 1/4 in. thick. Using floured cutters, cut out trees, snowflakes and doves. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheet(s). Reroll scraps and cut once.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden at edges. Cool slightly on sheet on a wire rack; move to rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing: Beat confectioners' sugar and Just Whites (see Note) in a large bowl with mixer on low speed until combined. Add water; beat until blended. Increase speed to high; beat 8 minutes or until icing is very thick and white. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- Tint 1 cup icing green, 3 Tbsp icing yellow and 1/4 cup icing blue. Spoon 1/2 cup white icing into a ziptop bag. Put remaining white icing in a bowl.
- To thin icing for spreading: Add drops of water to tinted and white icing just until thin enough to spread.
- For Trees: Spread green icing on cookies. Let dry 3 hours. Cut tip off corner of bag of icing; pipe garland. Add decors.
- For Doves: Spread thinned white icing on cookies, leaving beaks un-iced. Let dry 3 hours. Dip a fine brush or a toothpick into yellow icing; paint on beaks and eyes. Using icing in bag, pipe wing outlines. Immediately sprinkle with white decorating sugar.
- For Snowflakes: Spread thinned white icing on cookies. While wet, use a toothpick to drop on dots of thinned blue icing. Drag the pick through both colors to marbleize. Let dry 3 hours. Pipe outlines; sprinkle with white decorating sugar.
Video: Nutcracker Snow Globe Sugar Cookies
How to Become a Junior Stockbroker
Why You Should Have More Sex for Heart Health
The Mind and Body Benefits of Yoga
This Leopard-Print Dress Has Been One of the Best-Selling Items of the Year
Cocktail Attire: What It Means How To Dress For It
The gym exercise everyone overdoes, according to a PT
How to Hold a Gluten-Free Barbecue or Cookout
McDonalds Ramps Up Its Coffee Menu With 10 New Flavors
Why Your Zit Keeps Coming Back in the Same Spot (And How to FixIt)
Date: 17.12.2018, 20:04 / Views: 95252